Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Michael Franks Presents - A Songwriter's Journal - XM Watercolors - DUETS PART 1 - 4 of 4 - April 2006


Michael Franks - A Songwriter's Journal, XM 71, April 2006

4th Program - 'Duets (Part 1)'

1- Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - Where is the love (Best of Roberta Flack)
2- John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman - My one and only one (Legends of Music Jazz - Voices)
3- Michael Franks & Valerie Simpson - Now love has no end (Barefoot on the Beach)
4- Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee - White boy lost in the blues (Sonny and Brownie)
5- Michael Franks & Bonnie Raitt - Ladies' nite (Objects of Desire)
6- Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman - Time to say goodbye (Con te partiro) - Romanzo
7- Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald - On my own (Greatest Hits)
8- The Brothers Johnson - I'll be good to you (Look Out for #1)
9- Michael Franks & Peggy Lee - You were meant for me (Dragonfly Summer)
10- Me Phi Me featuring Michael Franks - (Think) Where are you going? - (One)

Apparently, two more sessions were recorded and possibly broadcasted as mentioned in an article back in 2006. Here is the excerpt from the article:
Franks recently made a quantum leap from software to cyberspace, spending several months hosting XM satellite radio's "A Songwriter's Journal," playing American jazz standards and contemporary songs he believed were imbued with qualities of the greats. The show ran six months, ending in June. "I did insert myself into the show," Franks admits. "I used some of my duets and versions of my songs covered by other artists, like Natalie Cole."

No comments:

Post a Comment